Jayne Conroy has more than three decades of experience as a skilled strategist, trial lawyer and negotiator. She is a frequent speaker and expert panelist at national litigation conferences. In 2019, she was one of 68 inductees into the American Law Institute, which limits its active membership to 3,000 prominent judges, lawyers and law professors.
Her practice currently focuses on complex civil cases. She has helped secure landmark settlements and verdicts on behalf of individuals and families harmed by corporate wrongdoing, including a $1 billion verdict against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary DePuy Orthopaedics over its Pinnacle metal-on-metal hip implant and an $894 million settlement of Bextra and Celebrex cases against Pfizer.
In addition to serving on the Plaintiff’s Executive Committee for the federal Pinnacle hip implant litigation, Conroy has been appointed by courts to serve in leadership roles in more than a dozen other high-profile multidistrict litigations involving products such as Actos, Lipitor, Zoloft, Propecia (finasteride), pelvic repair systems, gadolinium-based contrast agents, Bextra and Celebrex, and Yazmin and Yaz (drospirenone).
Bar and Court Admissions
- Massachusetts, 1985
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1997
- New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia and U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2004
- Best Lawyers: “Best Lawyers in America,” 2016-2020, in the area of Plaintiffs’ Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions
- “Leading Women Lawyers in New York City,” Crain’s New York Business, 2018
- Product Liability MVP, Law360, 2016-2017
- Top Women in Law, New York Law Journal, 2016
- New York Metro Super Lawyer, 2010-2016
- Outstanding Women Lawyers, National Law Journal, 2015
About Drugwatch’s Experts
Drugwatch’s experts are authorities in their fields. Their personal experiences and professional expertise make them uniquely qualified to review our content for accuracy and verify that the information you read here is trustworthy, comprehensive and consistent with the latest evidence-based research.