Drugwatch Expert Contributors
Drugwatch expert contributors are specialists in their fields and come from a variety of backgrounds — from accomplished surgeons to people whose personal experience with drugs and medical devices inspired them to advocate for others. They share Drugwatch's mission to educate the public and provide resources to consumers and their families.
Physician assistant Sarah Salem-Robinson is an LMS survivor who advocates against power morcellators.
- First to alert print media to dangers of morcellation
- Wrote white paper for medical professionals on the harm of morcellators
- Appeared on various media, including The Dr. Oz Show
Pharmacist Mireille Hobeika works to inform patients about what to expect from medications and improve doctor-patient relationships.
- 2017 - President Award from AbbVie for Outstanding Contribution to the Dermatology Division
- 2016 - Amaze Award from AbbVie for Successful Completion of Clinical Trials in Middle East Region
- 2013 - Excellence Award from AbbVie for Best Educational Seminar of the Year
Paralegal and patient advocate Tess Schulman spreads awareness about defective medical devices like Essure birth control.
- Lobbied for The E-Free Act of 2015 (H.R. 3920)
- Lobbied for The Medical Device Safety Act of 2017 (H.R. 2164)
- Lobbied for The Medical Device Guardians Act of 2017 (H.R. 2163)
Clinical psychologist Dr. Alexander Bingham uses talk therapy and somatic psychotherapy to treat mental distress.
- Founded Full Spectrum Progressive Psychology, the first integrative intensive outpatient (IIOP) practice in the world
- Four time speaker at the Alternatives Conference for survivors of psychiatric abuse
- Vocal opponent against electroshock, forced hospitalization and forced drugging
Dr. Christopher Walker is an urogynecologist and surgeon who treats complications of pelvic mesh.
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition Award
- Best Doctors in America
- The Most Outstanding OB/GYN at Florida Hospital
Located in California, Dr. E. Scott Sills specializes in Essure removal, fertility surgery and IVF.
- Over 100 peer-reviewed medical journal articles
- 2016 International Achievement Award from University of Westminster
- One of the few experts in U.S. with Essure removal experience