Neisha Hacker-Finey is the Corporate Allied Health and Pharmacy Learning Consultant at Orlando Health. Dr. Hacker-Finey also serves as the Chair of the Pharmacy Education Council and Administrator for the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
She completed her undergraduate studies at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Cardiopulmonary Science. This jump started her career working as a Registered Respiratory Therapist, while also studying to obtain a master’s in public administration.
After completing her master’s and accepting a leadership role within the community, Dr. Hacker-Finey decided to expand her professional development by attending the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. She graduated in 2013.
Dr. Hacker-Finey presented at the Southeast Society of Health System Pharmacist Annual Continuing Education Program on the Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in 2014. She also served as Secretary for the Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists. During her term, she assisted with coordinating the Central Florida Society’s 12th Annual Meeting for Continuing Education event in 2019.
One of Dr. Hacker-Finey’s passions is to help elderly patients better understand their health care condition and medications. To assist her patients, she obtained a Board Certification in Medication Therapy Management and received an award of excellence from the American Health Council in 2018.
Dr. Hacker-Finey is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives, Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacist, and the National Board for Respiratory care. She is also an Ambassador for the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). As a DEA Ambassador, Dr. Hacker-Finey helps our community be more aware of the dangers of illicit drugs, how consuming dangerous drugs damages our bodies, and how we can work together to combat these issues to save lives.
As an expert on medication, Hacker-Finey focuses on:
- Developing relationships with health care providers
- Evaluating physicians’ medication orders
- Providing education to staff members concerning medication
- Supervising and teaching pharmacy students, interns and residents
- Updating medical documentation
Along with Hacker-Finey’s extensive work in pharmacology, her formal training includes:
- State of Florida – Pharmacy Consultant
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- Basic Life Support Provider
- Pharmacist Immunization Training
- Critical Care Respiratory Management
- Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2012-present)
- Officer Position (Secretary), Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2018-present)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2012-present)
- Florida Society of Health System Pharmacists (2014): SESHP Exhibit Program / Residency Conference, “Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.”
- 48th American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2013): Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, “Impact of a pharmacist-led pain, agitation and delirium protocol in an
intensive care unit setting in a community teaching hospital.”
About Drugwatch’s Experts
Drugwatch’s experts are authorities in their fields. Their personal experiences and professional expertise make them uniquely qualified to review our content for accuracy and verify that the information you read here is trustworthy, comprehensive and consistent with the latest evidence-based research.